Monday, March 10, 2014

Papaoutai

HEY! Wanna hear a crazy french song? This song at first weird-ed me out, but after my friend sang it all day and got it stuck in my head. I got addicted. So here you go.
LINK
Me and other friends discussed what we thought the video/song meant.
And OBVIOUSLY mine was right.

Here we go:

I believe that this song is about a little boy, who's dad is very distant. The dad spends most of his time working and doesn't pay much attention to his poor son.
 And all his life the son wishes for his dad's attention. He has no one to be a role model, he doesn't have a guide in life. And his dad is leaving his son without an identity.
But then the boy starts to try to follow in his dads footsteps, realizes that he doesn't like them. And that what his dad is like, he doesn't want to be like.
Yet, at the end, he ends up being just like his dad.

Then again I could be completely wrong, and my opinion changed almost every time I watch it...sooo....
~Ross

2 comments:

  1. It's definitely open to interpretation, considering we don't know French. I think that might be one of the psychological reasons why it's so popular and went viral. I couldn't tell if the man was actually a mannequin or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well. Some french songs are worse
    There was a song about someone swimming in their bath with a goldfish

    ReplyDelete