Sunday, March 30, 2014

Why I Don't Feel Uncomfortable Cursing

I don't like offending people.
I don't like hurting people's feelings.
Unless I have very little respect for you as a person.
The thing is, most curses don't actually offend people!
The N word, is off limits, because it is a word deeply rooted in hate.
It is a word that was decently recently used to put people down and express hatred towards them.
For this reason I view this word as horrid and will never use it (to the best of my ability).

Most curse words however, I feel are okay to use. They can be used to harm, but don't have that deep of a meeting.

I will NEVER use cursing to insult someone. Not really because I don't want to offend. But I have to much pride to lower myself down to that level. When I am insulting people, I try to be clever, and not resort to filler words. I think people that can only insult with curses are idiots. And I refuse to be one of them.

So all in all, I don't mind cursing as long as I am not offending anyone or hurting their feelings by using them.
Also if you are offended just because I am using a curse word than I honestly don't care and will use them anyone.

4 comments:

  1. I curse a lot. Most of the time not to offend people but if i get mad, im probably going to call you something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, recently, I've learned to see a lot of profanity said by people as acceptable, maybe even effective, ways of communicating (often humorous too). This is as long as, like you said, it isn't used to offend anybody (even in well-intended jokes, for example).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes I understand. I am very similar yet I often don't need to curse. I mean if I feel that it's reeeaaaallllly necessary or I stub my toe or something things just come out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to curse without realizing it, but I never curse people out. That is, unless you're Namir or if you're a .... Nevermind. You get my point. (^__^;;)

    ReplyDelete